Oh yeah - these are really easy to throw together and they've full of really healthy fats & protein.
I"m a big fan of good fats and keeping them in your diet even when you are looking at dropping some weight - here's why: Fats are needed to build cells, transmit nerve impulses, maintain skin health, insulate the body and organs, provide an energy store(think famine or emergencies) plus, fats are important for the production of most hormones... So you see, busy little buggers are the fats! And let's not forget Protein - super important to eat on a regular basis as our bodies do not store it like carbs and fats.
So you can see why I'm excited about not just the deliciuosness of these super bars!
MAKES: 8 bars
PREP TIME: 10 mins COOK: 175 deg FF oven TIME: 20 mins
- 1/3 cup @myorganics raw almonds
- 1/3 cup dates
- 1/3 cup @naturallygoji goji berries or sugar free cranberries
- 1/3 cup @myorganics sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup @myorganics pumpkin seeds
- 3 tbs 70% Lindt dark chocolate
- 1 tbs @bulksourcefoods carob powder or protein powder
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp honey
- Line a square baking tin with greaseproof paper
- Place nuts, dried fruits, seeds and choc into food process and break up by pulsing
- Place milk, honey, egg and protein powder into a bowl and whisk until a smooth liquid forms. (you can use a stick blender too)
- Pour wet mix onto the dry ingredients and stir until well coated
- Yes, this is a wet mix so you are on the right track
- Pour mix into lined baking tin
- Place into the oven for 10-12 mins, check and turn tin around
- Bake for another 8-10 mins until mix sets
- Once baked, allow to cool completely before cutting and moving to an airtight container
EXTRAS: these freeze well in an airtight container
make. eat. enjoy.