Ok so this is my new favourite bread! (definitely for this week anyway haha) & here's why....
I've made this bread to have very little sweetener in it!
I try to look at ways of training our tasted buds to crave less sugar and this is agreat way to start by creating products that are low in any kind of sweetness and full of complex carbohydrates and good fats and protien. Yes it does have fructose in it but using any sort of berry that are low GI ensures a slow release of sugars into our body systems.
We all loved it topped with yoghurt(natural) or hot with some butter swiped across it! Make it for your next lazy Sunday breakfast!
MAKES: 15-20 pieces PREP TIME: 15 mins COOK: 35-45 mins
- 1/3 cup honey
- ¾ cup oat milk
- 1/3 cup pureed apples
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup w/meal spelt flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 cup oats
- 3tsp baking powder
- 1tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 1/2cup berries(raspberry, blackberry, or blueberry)
- Set oven to 165 deg
- Line square tin(20 x 20) with greaseproof paper
- Place all wet ingredients into the food processor – mix until well combined
- Using a separate bowl – place all the dry ingredients together and fold until evenly mixed
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until well combined
- Pour mix into lined tin and place in the oven
- Bake for 20-30 mins, turn and bake for 15-20min more or until skewer comes out clean
- Take out of oven and brush with honey(this is optional)
- Allow to cool completely
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container
- Delicious served warm with a dollop of yoghurt or butter
make. eat. enjoy.