oooooohhhhh my banana's ~ these are some serious YUM on a stick!
You'll want to eat more than just one, I know, the struggle is real right here! :)
Super simple to whip up and there is just so much goodness in each pop. In all seriousness you could also call these 'breakfast on a stick'
- 2 cup frozen bananas
- 3/4 cup My Organics oats(you can also used quinoa flakes here)
- 1/2 cup Earths Bounty roasted cashews or almonds
- 1/2 cup My Organics pepitas/sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup baby spinach
- milk of your choice - enough to blend
- option to add a scoop of protein powder
OPTIONAL for top layer:
- Place all ingredients into a blender
- Mix is best when left slightly thick but ensure it is smooth
- Set aside in another bowl about 1/2 to 3/4 cup of banana mix
- Fill molds to 3/4 with banana mix
- Freeze for 10 mins while you prepare the chocolate/peanut butter mix
- Using set aside banana mix, add in chocolate pieces(i used cacao melts that have no sugar) & peanut butter
- Blend until smooth
- Take molds out of freezer and pour on chocolate/p butter mix
- Put lid on
- Gently place in the pop sticks & move to the freezer
Such a great treat when it's warm but also filled with complex carbs with the oats, minerals and vitamins with the nuts and seeds plus the potassium loaded banana. The chocolate top layer can be left off of course :) I bet you won't want to though.
make. eat. enjoy.