Wow that was a mouthful so hopefully you have understood me! :)
So basically I've 'borrowed' some of the flavours from a traditional 'hot crossed' bun and added them to some really delicious 70% Cacao Lindt. You could absolutely use your prefered chocolate here too or pop over to the next blog where I have made some raw chocolate!
From the pic you can see what I have started with - some really yummy MyOrganics nuts plus some mixed peel. Now I know mixed peel suffers from a bit of a 'daggy ingredient' tag but I love the memories that it conjures up for me! With navel oranges in season you could totally candy your own and use here but I'm conscious of time and that flavour.
It won't take much time to throw these together - enjoy those delicious flavours in dark rich choc! soooooo hard to resist!
MAKES: 20 pieces SET: 2 hrs
TIME: 10-15 mins
- 1/4 cup Angus Park mixed peel
- 1/4 cup My Organics rst almonds
- 1/4 cup My Organics rst cashews
- 1/4 cup rst macadamia or brazil nuts
- pinch cinnamon, all spice & fresh nutmeg(this is optional)
- 1 cup 70% Lindt chocolate(approx 2 1/2 x 100g bars)
- Break chocolate into pieces
- Place chocolate in bowl over warm water on the stove - ensure that it doesn't get too hot! The moisture from your chocolate will disappear and you'll be left with a firm mess that you can't use in this recipe :)
- Stir gently until chocolate has melted completely
- Chop your nuts roughly but remember they still need to fit into your molds so not too find, not too large but just right!
- Take chocolate off the stove
- Add nuts, mixed peel and spices
- Mix until well combined
- Spoon into molds - you may need to jostle the nuts and seeds to ensure the chocolate is even in the mold
You definitely don't need fancy molds to make this happen - line a tray or container with grease proof paper, place the mix into the tray, flatten out as much as possible & cool in the fridge! Easy Peasy as my son always tells me!