oooohhh I'm super excited about sharing these with you!
they're nut free, dairy free and are made using spelt flour! I ran out of wholemeal so at this stage they are only made on plain spelt but we'll make that happen soon!
You have asked for more savoury snack recipes, so I got busy in the kitchen & this is what happened!
MAKES: 3 or 4 trays depending on size COOK: 165 deg
TIME: 20-30 mins - turn your trays through out the process
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbs nuttlex(dairy free butter - regular butter can be used here if you have no allergies)
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree(make sure it's not too runny)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary(dried can be used here but fresh will provide max. flavour!)
- Add spelt flour, baking powder, salt and nuttlex to food processor
- Process just until resembles crumbs
- Add pumpkin puree & rosemary
- Process gently until the mix comes together and is smooth
- Be careful not to overmix as spelt still contains low gluten which forms what looks like elastic 'strands'(enables the product to hold together)
- Dough will appear sticky - that's ok
- Take it out of the processor and place in a bowl in the fridge for an hour or while you clean up - this will allow the dough to rest
- Take 2 sheets of grease proof paper cut to the size of your tray
- Divide you dough into 3 to 4 pieces
- Place a piece between the grease proof paper and roll as THIN as possible
- Score or cut lines in our dough once rolled out
- Repeat until all the dough has been rolled
- You will see that it is slightly sticky yet the paper allows you do roll super thin with ease.