Let's start with how easy it is to make into yummy little gummy fish!
- 1 1/4 cups frozen mango(so sad to see the last of my freezer stock being used :()
- 3 Tbs Gelatin(I used Australian Gelatin Health)
- 1/3 cup water (room temp)
- Add gelatin to water - whisk until combined - it will appear slightly gluggy
- Puree mango until smooth - warm but not hot
- Add mango to gelatin mix - blend together until smooth and gelatin has melted completely
- Pour into molds
- Cool in fridge for up to 2 hrs
This mix made 24 mini molds. You could add more gelatin(say 1/2 Tbs) to make a much firmer 'gummy'
WHY: It's usually a pain point that moves us to introduce things or expel things from our lives and yep! you guessed it - pain factor x 2 = find a solution! so these are the pain factors:
- My iron levels have been really really low & after taking liquid sups there has been a minor change so my naturopath suggested looking at my gut & how it absorbs.
- Training has started for the upcoming 1/2 marathons and I had noticed a few sort joints
- Supports skin, hair and nail growth
- Good for joints and can help joint recovery
- Can help tighten loose skin
- Can improve digestion since it naturally binds to water and helps food move more easily though the digestive tract
- Rumored to help improve cellulite
- Great source of dietary collagen (side note: collagen is too large to be absorbed by the skin, so those skin creams are pretty useless… get it internally and use coconut oil for lotion!)
- Source of protein (though not outstanding) but its specific amino acids can help build muscle.
VEGAN & VEGETARIANS look away now.....
What is GELATIN?
Gelatin is largely composed of the amino acids glycine and proline, which many people don’t consume in adequate amounts as they are found in the bones, fibrous tissues and organs of animals and as a population, we don’t consume these parts as much anymore. These amino acids are needed not only for proper skin, hair and nail growth, but for optimal immune function and weight regulation!
My children actually love these 'gummy' treats without a word of a lie - I'll admit that it's taken me a few time to get used to it and make it the right consistency that suits me but over taking gelatin in water as a drink - I'll throw back a few 'gummies' any day of the week!
Super Food, Super Easy to make & Super Easy to eat! '
make. eat. enjoy.