Choc base layer: (bottom)
· 1 ½ cups almond meal
· 1/3 cacao powder
· Pinch of salt
· 1 heaped tsp baking powder
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 4 tbsp. coconut oil (melted)
· 4 tbsp. pure maple syrup
Chia Jam layer: (middle)
· 2 cups frozen raspberries (defrosted in microwave)
· 1 cup frozen strawberries (defrosted in microwave)
· ½ cup chia seeds
· 2 tsp vanilla extract
Crumble layer: (top)
· 4 tbsp. wholemeal spelt flour ( or regular wholemeal flour)
· 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
· 2 tbsp. nuttlex
· 3 tbsp. desiccated coconut
· 3 tbsp. chopped almonds
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees
2. Make the chia jam first by pureeing the defrosted berries and vanilla in a food processor and then mixing through the chia seeds by hand. Place this mixture in the fridge to firm up while you make the other elements
3. Make the chocolate base layer next by mixing all the ingredients together well in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a medium making tin (26 x 17cm) and place in the oven for 15 minutes.
4. While the base layer is in the oven make the crumble by placing the flour, sugar and nuttlex in a bowl and rubbing with your fingers until the mix starts to clump and is evenly mixed. Then add the coconut and nuts – rubbing with your fingers once again.
5. After 15 minutes in the oven take the chocolate base layer out, spread the chia jam layer evenly on top, then the crumble layer evenly on top of this.
6. Place back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.