Granola as a gift? YES please!
While wrapping presents last night this jar of deliciousness was slowly toasting away........and not that this has to be only a Xmas gift, I seriously love to give it all year round!
Oven: 125-150deg Baked: 3-4 hrs
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pepitas MyOrganics
- 1 cup sunflower seeds MyOrganics
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried apple(chopped medium)
- 1 cup cranberries MyOrganics
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup naked Buderim Ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil(you may need more depending on how quickly the oil soaks into rolled oats)
- 2 tsp ground ginger(more if you really want to punch it up :))
- Mix the we ingredients together and warm - really slightly! - to bring them together a little better(if this mix is too warm it will soak into the oats rather than coat them :))
- Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with the spice and mix really well
- Pour over the cooled honey mix and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Place on paper lined trays(I used 3 but will cook quicker if you have more) and spread as thinly as possible.
A FEW LITTLE EXTRA TIPS TO MAKING AWESOME GRANOLA:
- Increase the amount of honey and you will be able to create clusters in this mix - great for snacking!
- Always used rolled oats or whole oats - this doesn't work with quick oats or half oats
- Add whatever fruits and nuts suit you! e.g Mac nuts, goji berries, raisins, apricots
- Mix up the spices too! All spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, tumeric
- The dried apple becomes super crunchy which I especially love about this mix!