YUUUUUUMMM! I just had to add this today! right away!
Our house has been having an affair with peanut butter lately....... well that would mostly be just me then, and since I am the provider/preparer of food here it means that everyone is having an affair! In particular the affair is with Mayver's Super Tasty Peanut butter! It has just a hint of salt and nothing else - ohhhhh it's good! I buy it when it's on special by the box!
anyway before I have to leave to make some I'll share the recipe with you - I've got you covered on the simple easy thing too! :)
INGREDIENTS: Peanut butter coating
- 5 tbs peanut butter smooth(its best to use a peanut butter that still has the natural oils)
- 2tbs rice malt syrup (I use this as it thicker than honey and will coat better)
- Place peanut butter and rice malt syrup together in pan on low heat
- Stir until combined well
- Keep on low heat - watch that it doesn't catch on bottom of pot
- Go pop your corn :)
INGREDIENTS: popping corn
- 1 cup popping corn
- 5tbs olive oil
- Pop corn as per the instruction(use popping corn)
- Once popped completely pour peanut butter mix over the corn
- Mix together in the pot until completely coated
- Serve once it has cooled slightly
The coating is minimal and just adds a hint of sweetness and some protein to an otherwise high carb snack that is a good source of fibre.!
I'd love to hear if you have a variation of this one or what you do to pump up the corn in your house?!