Wow! it's so awesome when you spend time recipe creating and the work!!!! yay!!
Lots of inspiration/creation comes from what I need to use up in my fridge and what I have in my pantry so you may notice over a period of a few weeks my creations use similar ingredients - well, you'd be right! :)
Anyway these oh so delicious little mouthfuls will have you putting your hand in the cooking container more than once I can guarantee you of that! Super Easy to make with ingredients that are used regularly in my snacks. My children have been asking for these everyday since I made them so that tells me 'these go into the next book!'
These are not crispy hard cookies so best to keep them chilled before serving having said that I had them bouncing around in my little girls lunchbox(thinking swinging around, banging on tables) with a chill pack and they stood the test!
Preheat oven to 175ºC.
- 1 banana mashed very well(look for really ripe ones0
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped brazil nuts(I use these for the crunch factor)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 1/2 cup moist coconut flakes
- 2 tbs green vital powder juice(any juice will work here)
- Line 2 baking trays with paper
- Mash banana, add coconut oil, maple syrup, green powder & mix together until well combined
- Place all dry ingredients into a bowl & mix until well combined
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredients & gently fold together
- Place mix in the fridge for 10 mins (while you clean up haha)
- Using a tablespoon drop mix onto lines trays - allow for a little spreading
- Bake for 6 mins then turn, bake for a further 6 mins then turn, bake for another 4-6 mins - watch for coloring, you just want golden
- Cool - these will soften once placed in the fridge so best served chilled
Enjoy the tropical paradise in your mouth or at least that is what it tastes like for me :)