Ooooomygooooooosh!!! These are soooooo delicious & a special treat in our house - this is the 20% part of the 80/20 rule😝!!!1yyyyyyyyyyyyy :)~!!111@.
Inspiration from Wholesome Cook with Martyna Angell 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻for the peanut butter raw cookies and I filled them with a dairy free local dark chocolate sorbet from Devine Gelato
- 1/2 cup peanut butter(try to get as smooth as possible)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp mesquite powder or any protein powder that you have
- 2 cups Krispy cereal(Martyna suggests Freedom Foods rice cereal as it is low in sugar and GF however I just used puffed rice which became a little soft but by the time it came to scoffing, oops I meant eating these special treats the freezer had them firm again)
- Line 2 baking trays with paper
- Place peanut butter, rice syrup and vanilla powder in a medium saucepan set over medium heat and heat, stirring, until the mixture is combined.
- Remove from heat. Add in the cereal and mix well.
- Using egg-cooking-rings or 10cm diameter cookie cutters, to make the cookies press roughly 2 heaped tablespoons of the cereal mixture into the ring and compact down using your fingers.
- Repeat until you have 16 cookie rounds
- Place them in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight to set
- Once set, fill with your sorbet, icecream or nice cream
- Place back in freezer for an hour or two and then TRY not to eat them all at once!
Enjoy and thanks Wholesome Cook with Martyna Angell x