These I remember making with my Gran on her farm - they are super super simple and if you're baking from Super Snacks cookbook you will definitely have these ingredients!
INGREDIENTS: recipe below is for 4 apples but depending on how big you make the hole through the middle....more might be needed. Make double or triple mix - it keeps in the fridge for a few weeks!
- 4 Granny smith apples
- 2tbs nuttlex or butter
- 4tbs maple syrup
- 4-5 tbs oats
- 1tb sultanas or cranberries
- 1tb roughly chopped nuts(optional)
- pinch gr ginger
- pinch gr cinnamon
- 1tb shredded coconut
- Hollow out centres of apples & take a tiny bit off the bottom so they sit flat in the tray.
- Mix together all other ingredients - I do this by hand.
- Check consistency of mix - you need it to be firm so add more oats if not firm enough or add a little more butter if not coming together
- Spoon and push mix into centre of apple
- Bake in the oven for 20 mins on 180deg
- This deliciousness can be eaten warm or cold!
- Top with natural yogurt or some coconut yogurt
I find these are awesome the next day, served cold in lunchboxes! My little ones love them any way they come so always a 'best mum ever' when made :)