Prep: 20-25 mins
Cook: 15-20 mins
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1/3 cup hot water
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- sprinkle ground cloves
- 1/2 cup mixed peel, firmly packed
- ½ cup almonds, finely chopped
- 1 3/4 cup gluten free plain flour - firmly packed
- 3/4 cup wholemeal spelt flour
- Warm together honey and maple syrup . Allow to cool.
- Dissolve bicarb in water. Mix cooled honey mixture with water mixture until well combined.
- Combine dry ingredients including mixed peel. Pour wet mixture into dry ingredients and mix until it comes together in a smooth dough
- Wrap in cling wrap and store in fridge until ready to use. This dough can be used immediately, however, we find it easier to work with once it has been cooled slightly.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Roll dough to 5mm thickness and cut into 35mm x 25 biscuits. There's very little spread in the cooking process so cookies can be placed close together on the tray