aaarrrgghhh we’re chasing down winter but while it’s still warm enough we are still eating popsicles as fast as I can make them. When I put together food not only does it have to taste good but I’m always keen to know what nutritional value it has and other than fuel what goodness does it bring to my body…….Do you do that too?
These popsicles are no different and the awesome thing is, that my kids love any sort of popsicle!!!
Full of blueberries and fresh ginger(this is down to personal taste) that are hardcore packages of serious antioxidants. When I think about all the product we put on our skin in a day, our environment and day to day additives the real need for antioxidants becomes so much more relevant. Am I harcore about adhering to strict rules on all of this, No but I’m aware of it and make small changes to avoid or assist in decreasing the intake(skin or oral) hence why I think food plays such an important part of the process.
Not your usual sugar laden popsicles – uh uhn these are filled with a base of oats with spinach thrown in for some added vitamins.
Blueberry and Quinoa Popsicles
deliciously frozen wholesome goodness
- 2 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 knob of fresh ginger(optional)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes(oats can be used)
- 1/2 cup cashews(unroasted makes it creamier)
- 1-2 cups of ice cubes or milk ice cubes
- Milk of your choice
- Step 1 Place all ingredients into a blender(amount of ice and milk added depend whether you like icy or creamy)
- Step 2 Blend ingredients until they are smoothy and creamy
- Step 3 Pour into molds
- Step 4 Freeze 6-8 hours