Rice Paper Love
My husband introduced these to me 20+ years ago and they have been a faithful on the table ever since! I'd love to know how many of our children(let's talk under 10) will sit down to a bowl of raw carrot, spinach, corn, avocado and snow peas.....I'm guessing not many and let me tell you, might children don't either. However these rice paper rolls are a little bit of magic when it comes to getting the children to eat raw. Seriously simple to throw together at any time & yes, more of a meal than a snack but since it's so simple I knew you'd probably love them too! You don't have to use all the vegetables listed below and it's about using what you have in the fridge. The herbs I think are not negotiable and always have to be there however my little ones love no herbs so give them both a try.
- 1-2 carrots - grated
- 1 cucumber(seedless) - cut into thin lengths
- 1 red capsicum - cut into thin lengths
- 10 snow peas - cut into really thin lengths
- 1 corn cob(kernals cut off)
- 1-2 avocados - skinned and thinly sliced
- 1 cup mung beans
- 1/ cup baby spinach
- 1 handful of fresh coriander
- 1 handful of fresh mint
- 6 eggs - whisked and pan fried as a large flat omelette OR 6 chicken thigh fillets BBQ'd
- 1 @mayvers dark roasted peanut butter
- Sauce Ingredients
- 1 fresh lime - juiced
- 1 cl fresh garlic grated
- 1 fresh ginger knob grated(about the same size as the garlic)
- 1/4 cup Kikkoman salt reduced soy
- 1tb fish sauce
- 1tsp seasame oil
- 4tbs sweet chilli sauce
- Step 1 Place all sauce ingredients in a jar.
- Step 2 Close lid tightly.
- Step 3 Shake vigorously for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 4 Sauce is done.
- Step 5 Place all vegetables on a large platter/plates
- Step 6 Prepare a large water bath(we use a frying pan filled with tap water) for dipping the rice papers in to soften)
- Step 7 Dip Rice paper into water until wet all over
- Step 8 Place rice paper onto plate
- Step 9 Using a knife spread a thin line of peanut butter 2/3 way the middle
- Step 10 Start with carrot and follow with all other vegetables over the peanut butter
- Step 11 Finish with meat or eggs
- Step 12 Drizzle with sauce
- Step 13 Fold bottom 1/6 up and then roll the side over the filling until roll completed
- Step 14 Prepare to stuff yourself entirely with delicious crunchy goodness!!!!