A few posts ago I was having an affair with Macyvers Peanut Butter, well….. that is still going on however I also want to share with you my love for Carob powder <3
- Have you heard of it?
- Have you used it before?
- Does it scare you? haha
Ok so that is why I use it and love it!
- it’s high in fibre
- Naturally sweeter therefore other natural sweeteners can be reduced
- Carob tannins contain Gallic acid that works as an analgesic, anti-allergic, antibacterial, antioxidant, antiviral and antiseptic.
- Carob improves digestion and lowers cholesterol level in the blood.
- It is used for treating diarrhea in children and adults alike.
- Since it does not contain theobromine, carob benefits people with high blood pressure(and young children who are easily overstimulated by this ingredient in chocolate).
- Regular use of carob helps in preventing lung cancer.
- The vitamin E content in carob helps in treating cough, flu, anemia and osteoclasis.
- The Gallic acid in carob helps in preventing and treating polio in children.
- Carob fights against osteoporosis, due to its richness in phosphorus and calcium.
- Carob pod husks are chewed by singers to clear the voice and throat. Sourced from http://www.realrawfood.com/health-benefits-carob
My real reasons are highlighted above! The theobromine is a big one particularly if you have young children and use cacao powder in other cooking!
Go on, I sub carob for cacao 1:1 in my recipes – try something new 🙂 you never know. you might fall in love too!
make. eat. enjoy.