doesn’t matter what you call it… it’s damn delicious and yep! LOADED with vegetables!!!
These are seriously on the menu at least once a week at our place & I know you can see why.
Yes they are loaded with vegetables AND the great thing is, you can use whatever you have in the fridge PLUS the besan flour(Chickpea flour) together with the quinoa flakes adds loads of protein to this super nutritious snack! It’s so easy to ‘upsize’ our snacks in a healthy way!
Don’t be scared off by the besan flour or the quinoa flakes – they do their job by holding these snacks together and they don’t add lots of flavour – that comes from the herbs and fresh veg!
Gluten Free! Nut Free! Veg Pancakes!
- 1 zuchinni
- 1/2 cup sweet potato
- 1/2 cup beetroot
- 1/2 cup carrot
- 1/2 cup broccoli or cauliflower
- 1 corn cob(kernals removed)
- 1/4 cup chopped herb(basil, coriander, parsley) *optional
- 3 shallots(chopped finely)
- 1/2 cup The Source Bulk Foods Cairns chickpea flour(besan)
- 1 cup My Organics quinoa flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 4-5 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- olive oil for frying
- Step 1 Put all vegetables through the grating plate on your food processor(using this method means there is very little liquid that comes out of your vegetables so there is no need to squeeze any excess out)
- Step 2 Place all grated vegetables plus chopped herbs in a large bowl and using your hands make sure they are evenly mixed(as above)
- Step 3 In another bowl place the eggs, water, besan flour & coriander powder – whisk together until smooth
- Step 4 Add in the quinoa flakes – mix until just together
- Step 5 Pour the wet mix over the grated vegetables
- Step 6 Use your hands to mix the wet ingredients into the vegetables
- Step 7 Heat a large frying pan, add 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Step 8 Scoop mix and place in pan, pat down so they are quite flat
- Step 9 Cook until golden brown on both sides
- Step 10 Eat them hot or cold just not all at once!
- Step 11 Add your most fabulous topping and make them like a sandwich!