Easy Peasy, Lemon Squeezey, Lemon Cashew Yumminess!
In a saucepan, add an addiitonal 3 tablespoons of lemon juice to the 3 tsps and reduce on the stove top to 3 tsps again. This amplifies the lemon tang & we all love the extra ZING! No time to roll balls? I hear you 🙂 I just flatten the mix into a lined plastic airtight container and then cut it into squares instead - easy, peasy, lemon squeezey as my children say to me!
- 1 cup cashews, dr roasted
- 2 tsp fresh lemon zest
- 3 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 3/4 cup des. coconut
- (additional coconut for rolling)
- Step 1 Make cashew nut meal in food processor
- Step 2 Add zest, juice, maple syrup & oil to cashew meal
- Step 3 Once well combined, add coconut(be careful not to overprocess as oils will separate)
- Step 4 Pinch test to see if mix holds. Pulse for a little longer if not coming together
- Step 5 Using a table spoon or teaspoon, measure and create balls
- Step 6 Roll in more des coconut to finish