You make it into deeeeeliciuos popsicles is what you do!
One of the best investments I’ve made recently has been my Norpro Ice Pop maker It makes 10 full size popsicles and we LOVE it! So back onto the subject of what do you do with left over smoothie mix?
Compared to store bought popsicle options(even the healthy ones) making your own is hand’s down the best option. You know it’s not full of crappy ‘filler’ ingredients and there is no numbers involved!
Do you love knowing why something is good for you to eat? Me too! So, this is why I use some of the ingredients:
- Blueberries are high in potassium and Vitamin C & are good antiinflammatories.
- Ginger aids digestion & helps to ward of colds.
- Baby spinach is full of anti-oxidants helping rid our body of toxins
Blueberry and Ginger Smoothie Pops
I use bananas as this makes the mix creamier without using yoghurt but you could substitute yoghurt if dairy is not a concern
- 2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 lge frozen banana
- 1 cup ice
- knob fresh ginger(depending on your taste)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup oats(or you could use quinoa flakes)
- 1 cup Earths Bounty Activated seeds and nut mix
- 1/2 cup protein powder of your choice(I use mesquite as it's dairy free)
- 1-2 cups milk of your choice
- Step 1 Blend all ingredients in blender(I used Optimum G2.1)
- Step 2 Blend until super smooth
- Step 3 Pour into molds
- Step 4 Raid children’s craft box for non-toxic paddle pop stick – insert in top
- Step 5 Freeze – 4-6 hrs