School’s back…..how have you spent these past 3 days?
for me, it was getting back into the kitchen – is this where you went for re invigoration?
The school my son goes to a school that has an awesome policy on nuts! EDUCATE don’t ELIMINATE.
I know that this is not the case for all you busy mums so thinking of you this formed the creative process for my kitchen session – these next few recipes contain no nuts!
I think it’s super important from lots of aspects the EDUCATE don’t ELIMINATE policy in particular as it teaches our children from a very young age to ‘be responsible for their own actions’ regardless of which perspective is yours – educating our children on self awareness and kindness and awareness of others is a GREAT thing! 🙂
So, these little clusters are a mouthful of flavour and texture – they are a little messy in getting them on the tray but sooooooo worth it! (my tip – all the bits that fall off either on your cereal the next morning or straight into either your mouth or the taste testers that are hanging nearby!!!
Cranberry Cinnamon Clusters
- 1/3 cup @myorganics cranberries
- 1 cup @myorganics rolled oats
- 3/4 cup oat flour(processed oats)
- 1 Tb cinnamon
- 2 Tb coconut oil
- 5 Tb maple syrup
- 1/4 cup @myorganics cacao nibs (or you can also use 70% cacao chocolate pieces chopped)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 175°C
- Step 2 Line 2 trays with greaseproof paper
- Step 3 Place all dry ingredients into a bowl and mix well
- Step 4 Add wet ingredients and mix until all ingredients are well combined
- Step 5 This mix appears dry but that’s ok – you’re on the right track
- Step 6 Using Tablespoon – scoop mix into your hand and press firmly to create a ball/shape
- Step 7 Place on tray close together
- Step 8 These will leave a few oats here and there – my suggestions is to leave them on the tray through the cooking process and then once baked, scoop up and top your yoghurt or smoothie!)
- Step 9 Bake in the oven for 10mins, turn for a further 10 mins or more if needed
- Step 10 Take out once golden brown and clusters hold together
- Step 11 Resist eating them all at once! lol