OOOOOOOhhhhh you just have to try these muffins!! Super moist, bursting with loads of spices that remind me of…….nope just remind me of eating good food. 🙂
Packed with whole flours, pumpkin, sultanas and apples, its no wonder they got devoured as soon as they left the oven at my place ~ I reckon that your family is going to devour them too!
Lets get to the recipe right!
NF 'Powerhouse' muffins
- 2 cups wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2cup + 1 Tb honey
- 1 Tb baking powder(not the double acting type)
- 2 tsp bi-carb soda
- 2 tsp gr cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp gr ginger
- 3/4 cup pureed apple(apple sauce can be used but make sure it has no added sugar)
- 1/2 cup olive oil or coconut oil
- 1/2 cup grated granny smith apple
- 2 cups grated pumpkin
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup roasted pepitas
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 170°C
- Step 2 Line muffins trays with either silicone molds or paper liners
- Step 3 Into a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, bi-carb & spices
- Step 4 Whisk until combined evenly
- Step 5 Add in the wet ingredients
- Step 6 Whisk until just combined – if you whisk too vigorously the spelt flour will start to form too many strands giving you a chewy hard muffin!
- Step 7 Gently fold in the pumpkin, apple, sultana’s and coconut flakes.
- Step 8 Spoon the mix evenly between the 12 cups
- Step 9 Place in the oven
- Step 10 Bake for 10 mins, turn around and bake for another 5-10 mins until toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 11 Cool and try not to eat them all in 2 days 🙂