Easter is nearly here…… Do you dread it or look forward to it?
Here is a little Easter treat that you can whip up yourself (save a few $$) plus add lots of additional goodness along the way!
Pop into the nearest whole foods shop and pick up interestingly different goodies to top the chocolate bark with….I shopped at my local The Source Bulk Foods in Cairns for all my toppers.
For me, ‘room temperature’ chocolate is the BEST way to enjoy and fully experience the richness!
Easter Treats that break the mold!
- 1 cup 70% Lindt chocolate(approx 2 1/2 x 100g bars)
- as many additional toppers as you like
- Step 1 Break chocolate into pieces
- Step 2 Place chocolate in bowl over warm water on the stove – ensure that it doesn’t get too hot! The moisture from your chocolate will disappear and you’ll be left with a firm mess that you can’t use in this recipe 🙂
- Step 3 Stir gently until chocolate has melted completely
- Step 4 Cut pieces of grease proof paper approx length of tray or air tight container
- Step 5 Using approx 1/3 of melted chocolate, spoon onto 1st piece – using a spatula spread evenly – ensure they are not too thin – sprinkle your toppers
- Step 6 Repeat this process twice more
- Step 7 Allow to cool in fridge unless you’re in a cool climate – leave it to set in your cupboard.