Oooohhh I’m super excited about sharing these with you!
They’re nut free, dairy free and are made using spelt flour! I ran out of wholemeal so at this stage they are only made on plain spelt but we’ll make that happen soon!
You have asked for more savoury snack recipes, so I got busy in the kitchen & this is what happened!
Pumpkin & Rosemary Crackers
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 5 tbs nuttlex(dairy free butter - regular butter can be used here if you have no allergies)
- 1/2 tsp salt flakes
- 2/3 cup pumpkin puree(make sure it's not too runny)
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary(dried can be used here but fresh will provide max. flavour!)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 165°C
- Step 2 Add spelt flour, baking powder, salt and nuttlex to food processor
- Step 3 Process just until resembles crumbs
- Step 4 Add pumpkin puree & rosemary
- Step 5 Process gently until the mix comes together and is smooth
- Step 6 Be careful not to overmix as spelt still contains low gluten which forms what looks like elastic ‘strands'(enables the product to hold together)
- Step 7 Dough will appear sticky – that’s ok
- Step 8 Take it out of the processor and place in a bowl in the fridge for an hour or while you clean up – this will allow the dough to rest
- Step 9 Take 2 sheets of grease proof paper cut to the size of your tray
- Step 10 Divide you dough into 3 to 4 pieces
- Step 11 Place a piece between the grease proof paper and roll as THIN as possible
- Step 12 Score or cut lines in our dough once rolled out
- Step 13 Repeat until all the dough has been rolled
- Step 14 You will see that it is slightly sticky yet the paper allows you do roll super thin with ease.