Granola as a gift? YES please!
While wrapping presents last night this jar of deliciousness was slowly toasting away……..and not that this has to be only a Xmas gift, I seriously love to give it all year round!
Granola and Gifts <3
Increase the amount of honey and you will be able to create clusters in this mix - great for snacking! Always used rolled oats or whole oats - this doesn't work with quick oats or half oats Add whatever fruits and nuts suit you! e.g Mac nuts, goji berries, raisins, apricots Mix up the spices too! All spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, tumeric The dried apple becomes super crunchy which I especially love about this mix!
- 6 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup pepitas MyOrganics
- 1 cup sunflower seeds MyOrganics
- 2 cups raw almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 cup dried apple(chopped medium)
- 1 cup cranberries MyOrganics
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup naked Buderim Ginger
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil(you may need more depending on how quickly the oil soaks into rolled oats)
- 2 tsp ground ginger(more if you really want to punch it up :))
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 125°C
- Step 2 Mix the we ingredients together and warm – really slightly! – to bring them together a little better(if this mix is too warm it will soak into the oats rather than coat them :))
- Step 3 Place all the dry ingredients in a large bowl with the spice and mix really well
- Step 4 Pour over the cooled honey mix and continue to mix until all the ingredients are well coated.
- Step 5 Place on paper lined trays(I used 3 but will cook quicker if you have more) and spread as thinly as possible.