Ooooomygooooooosh!!! These are soooooo delicious & a special treat in our house – this is the 20% part of the 80/20 rule😝!!!1yyyyyyyyyyyyy :)[email protected]
Inspiration from Wholesome Cook with Martyna Angell 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻for the peanut butter raw cookies and I filled them with a dairy free local dark chocolate sorbet from Devine Gelato
Chocolate sorbet peanut butter sandwiches
Enjoy and thanks Wholesome Cook with Martyna Angell x
- 1/2 cup peanut butter(try to get as smooth as possible)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp mesquite powder or any protein powder that you have
- 2 cups Krispy cereal(Martyna suggests Freedom Foods rice cereal as it is low in sugar and GF however I just used puffed rice which became a little soft but by the time it came to scoffing, oops I meant eating these special treats the freezer had them firm again)
- Step 1 Line 2 baking trays with paper
- Step 2 Place peanut butter, rice syrup and vanilla powder in a medium saucepan set over medium heat and heat, stirring, until the mixture is combined.
- Step 3 Remove from heat. Add in the cereal and mix well.
- Step 4 Using egg-cooking-rings or 10cm diameter cookie cutters, to make the cookies press roughly 2 heaped tablespoons of the cereal mixture into the ring and compact down using your fingers.
- Step 5 Repeat until you have 16 cookie rounds
- Step 6 Place them in the freezer for 4 hours or overnight to set
- Step 7 Once set, fill with your sorbet, icecream or nice cream
- Step 8 Place back in freezer for an hour or two and then TRY not to eat them all at once!