Baked Quinoa & Choc Bars
I love mine to be quite crunchy so I leave it in a slower oven of 175 deg for a little longer.
- 3/4 cup quinoa flakes
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 2 1/2 tb walnuts
- 2 1/2 tb cashews
- 1 tb sunflower seeds
- pinch salt
- 1/4 cup dark choc (70%) roughly chopped
- 2 1/2 tb honey or rice syrup
- 1 tb peanut butter(or tahini)
- 1/2 tb coconut oil
- 2 egg whites
- *optional - 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- Step 1 Blend quinoa flakes until resembles breadcrumbs
- Step 2 Add nuts and seeds and salt and process until roughly chopped
- Step 3 Warm honey, peanut butter and coconut oil together
- Step 4 Add to quinoa/nut mix – process until comes together
- Step 5 Add in egg whites and process until well mixed.
- Step 6 Fold in choc by hand
- Step 7 Press into lined mould – about 1cm thick)
- Step 8 Bake until golden brown.
- Step 9 Cut into bars when it comes out of the oven